How to Use Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic
- Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic is SUPER-CONCENTRATED, in fact, the less you use, the better it works.
- Only a few drops does the job.
- Apply a small amount of Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic to a clean, dry sponge and color test in a discrete area.
- If leather darkens or color changes, do not continue use.
- If you like the results, wipe Leather Tonic evenly over the entire area to be treated.
- The detergents will clean the leather, allowing the sponge to fully remove dirt.
- The lanolin oils soak in to nourish and soften the leather.
- As the lanolin soaks in, a thin layer of montan wax is left on the surface to protect the leather and help repel water.
- Rinse sponge with water and leave to dry.
- Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic dries in less than one minute and leaves no sticky residue.
Leather Cleaning Tips
- Regular use and spot cleaning will give your leather a beautiful, high-gloss shine. No buffing is necessary. Allow Leather Tonic to dry for one minute before touching the surface of the leather.
- For a low-shine finish: after treating the area, go back over the surface before it dries with the clean side of the sponge to remove any excess Tonic. This will give the leather a nice, soft finish.
- Doc Bailey’s is color-neutral and can be used on all shades of leather. In the case of scuffing or fading, simply touch up with a matching felt tip pen and then apply Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic on top to lock in the color.
How Often Should I Use Doc Bailey’s Leather Cleaning Products?
- For everyday shoes: once per month
- For leather jackets, exotic skins, furniture, saddles: twice per year.
- Spot cleaning can be done at any time, using a very small amount of Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic.
Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic will darken all open-pore leather.
John Jackson –
Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic is the best leather treatment in the world. I use it to clean and restore all my saddles and tack. On my cowboy boots it makes them look like new after I beat the crap out of the boots, The Leather Tonic just takes seconds and BAM, they look like new. I highly recommend any of Doc Bailey’s Products.
Doc Bailey’s Leather Tonic is the best I have ever used. Easy and effective to clean and restore all my leathers. Jackets, boots saddles and tack. It is truly amazing. I highly recommend all of Doc Bailey’s Products. They make my life easier.